The NSE 4/FortiGate l training and certification course will give you a detailed overview of basic FortiGate features, including security profiles, firewall policies, security fabric, user authentication, SSL VPN, dial-up IPsec VPN, and how to protect your network using security profiles such as IPS, antivirus, web filtering, application control, and more. The Network Security Professional designation identifies your ability to configure, install, and manage the day-to-dayconfiguration, monitoring, and operation of a FortiGate device to support specific corporate network security policies.
Salary of Security engineers in Bangalore, India
Today is the day you make a decision that can transform your life and IT career forever.
NSE 4 Network Security Professional Overview
The Network Security Professional designation identifies your ability to configure, install, and manage the day-to-day
configuration, monitoring, and operation of a FortiGate device to support specific corporate network security policies.
Visit the Fortinet NSE Certification Program page for information about certification requirements.
The Fortinet NSE 4—FortiOS 6.4 exam is part of the NSE 4 Network Security Professional program, and recognizes the successful candidate’s knowledge of and expertise with FortiGate devices. The exam tests applied knowledge of FortiGate configuration, operation, and day-to-day administration, and includes operational scenarios, configuration extracts, and troubleshooting captures.
Successful candidates have applied knowledge and skills in the following areas and tasks:
- Perform initial configuration
- Implement the Fortinet Security Fabric
- Configure log settings and diagnose problems using the logs
- Describe and configure VDOMs to split a FortiGate device into multiple virtual devices
- Identify and configure different operation modes for an FGCP HA cluster
- Diagnose resource and connectivity problems
Firewall and authentication
- Identify and Configure how firewall policy NAT and central NAT works
- Identify and configure different methods of firewall authentication
- Explain FSSO deployment and configuration
- Describe and inspect encrypted traffic using certificates
- Identify FortiGate inspection modes and configure web and DNS filtering
- Configure application control to monitor and control network applications
- Explain and configure antivirus scanning modes to neutralize malware threats
- Configure IPS, DoS, and WAF to protect the network from hacking and DDoS attacks
- Configure FortiGate to act as an implicit and explicit web proxy
Routing and Layer 2 switching
- Configure and route packets using static and policy-based routes
- Configure SD-WAN to load balance traffic between multiple WAN links effectively
- Configure FortiGate interfaces or VDOMs to operate as Layer 2 devices
- Configure and implement different SSL-VPN modes to provide secure access to the private network
- Implement a meshed or partially redundant IPsec VPN
- Exam name Fortinet NSE 4—FortiOS 6.4
- Exam series NSE4_FGT-6.4
- Time allowed 105 minutes
- Exam questions 60 multiple-choice questions
- Scoring Pass or fail, a score report is available from your Pearson VUE account
- Language English and Japanese
- Product version FortiOS 6.4
The following resources are recommended for attaining the knowledge and skills that are covered on the exam. The
recommended training is available as a foundation for exam preparation. In addition to training, candidates are
strongly encouraged to have hands-on experience with the exam topics and objectives.
NSE Training Institute Courses
- NSE 4 FortiGate Security
- NSE 4 FortiGate Infrastructure
- FortiOS – Administration Guide
- FortiOS – New Features Guide
- Minimum of six months of hands-on experience with FortiGate
Exam Sample Questions
A set of sample questions is available from the NSE Training Institute. These questions sample the exam content in
question type and content scope. However, the questions do not necessarily represent all the exam content, nor are
they intended to assess an individual’s readiness to take the certification exam.
See the NSE Training Institute for the course that includes the sample questions.
Networking, System and security professionals involved in the management, configuration, administration, and monitoring of Security devices used to secure their organizations’ networks should attend this course.
Know about Fortinet Training Course in Bangalore
CloudSynergy is Fortinet Network Security Expert (NSE) certification programme is an eight-level certification programme designed for technical professionals seeking independent validation of their network security abilities and experience.
The programme contains a variety of self-paced and instructor-led courses, as well as practical, hands-on tasks that demonstrate understanding of complicated network security principles.
Fortinet Network Security Expert (NSE) is an eight-level certification programme designed to expand the number of Fortinet Certified Engineers. Engineers will be certified in NSE4, NSE5, NSE6, NSE7, and NSE8 as part of the programme. It consists of a diverse set of self-paced and instructor-led courses, as well as practical, hands-on exercises that demonstrate understanding of complicated network security principles.
Fortinet certified teachers at CloudSynergy in Bangalore will assist Fortinet end-users and Fortinet partners in becoming cyber security specialists. FortNet is available in a variety of sizes and form factors to accommodate any environment, and it offers a comprehensive set of next-generation security and networking functionalities. Top-tier network and content security, as well as secure access solutions that share intelligence and collaborate to form a cooperative fabric.
Our innovative Protection Fabric combines Security Processors, an easy-to-use operating system, and applied threat intelligence to provide you with proven security, excellent performance, and improved visibility and control—all while making administration easier.
The Fortinet Security Fabric provides a comprehensive, broad, integrated, and automated approach. Reduce and manage the attack surface with integrated broad visibility, thwart modern attacks with integrated AI-driven breach protection, and simplify operations and orchestration.